A written manifesto can be a lighthouse for our minds and hearts during the turbulence that daily life throws at us. Here are my intentions for Life, Relationships & Work.
Some of these come from my insides, some come from smarter people than me.
- This is your life. Not your parents, not your spouses, not your friends.
- Seek that which opens your heart and mind.
- Remove that which closes either.
- Set intentions and build good habits. Focus less on goals and results.
- Question your thoughts. They aren't as true as you think they are.
- Simplify. Then simplify some more.
- Don't compare yourself with others.
- Dream, but keep your feet on the ground.
- Find the middle way; extremes can be dangerous.
- Life is hard. Laugh it off.
- Don't be an asshole.
- Leave people better than when you first meet them.
- It's not important to be right all the time.
- There is no such thing as "the one". Just flawed partners we decide to round up.
- Be GGG (Good, Giving & Game) in and out of the bedroom.
- Make repairs as quick as you can after making a hurt.
- If you find love, be grateful and enjoy every minute of it.
- Don't hold on too tightly or you'll crush the goodness.
- Celebrate all the different kinds of love out there.
- Communicate with bravery and honestly.
- Joy comes from getting good at lots of different things.
- If you've helped even just one person, you've done great work.
- Think small and you'll achieve big results.
- Think big and you'll scare yourself into not starting.
- It's ok to be a salesman - just be honest about it.
- Steal the great ideas of others.
- Don't be afraid to teach and to be an inspiration.
- The best time to get to work is right now. But early in the morning is good too.
- It's ok to ask for help.
- There's always a new project waiting for you around the corner. Keep going.
Which of these resonate with you? What would you add? Leave a comment below and let me know.